Advanced sign-up is required for all events.
Dues have been included in your Religious School Registration for grades 3 through 7.
Additional fees apply for away events, late nights, and overnights.
Parents are required to chaperone at least one Youth Group event per year.
Forms may be updated at any time by completing a new form
Recieve Text Message Reminders for Youth Group
Signup for the Remind App Today and Never Miss Out on the Fun!
text @tembtytues to the number 81010
text @tembtywed to the number 81010
- Temple Beth Torah's Youth program is designed to help participants develop positive feelings about the synagogue and encourage active participation in Jewish life after becoming a Bar or Bat Mitzvah.
Our Youth Programs:
- Temple Beth Torah has an active youth program for 3rd - 6th Graders and an integrated Youth and Religious School Program for our 7th Graders and 8th - 12th Graders (JTV)
- Each youth program has its own calendar comprised of events held at Temple Beth Torah in the Jeffrey Zukerman Youth Lounge and trips both in our local community and away.
- Youth group events consist of Tzedakah/community service, worship, educational, and social events which help to promote and strengthening Jewish ties and friendships.
Student Leadership opportunities:
- TEMBTY Steering Committee and JTV Board is designed to provide a safe place for students to talk about important issues, explore leadership potential and develop a strong Jewish identity.
- Participants in these groups help to plan the youth group calendar, make choices on the food being served at events, design programs, and help with the planning of the Purim Carnival.
Participation in NFTY:
- NFTY~NAR is the North American Federation of Temple Youth ~ New York Area Region
- NFTY~NAR has monthly programming for 9th – 12th Graders
- NFTY~NAR invites 8th Graders to join them for their Spring Kallah
- NFTY678 Suffolk is a new program designed to bring the NFTY experience to Middle School Students these events are a partnership between Temple Beth Torah of Melville, Temple Beth El of Huntington, Temple Beth David of Commack, and Temple Isaiah of Stony Brook and run by professional staff and teen volunteer mentors.
College Connection Program:
- Youth group does not end when you graduate! Our College Connection program reaches out to graduates from Temple Beth Torah and encourages the continuation of their involvement in our Jewish community by inviting our graduates to special events, inviting them to speak to our JTV members about college life, visiting some of them on our JTV trips, and sending them cards and care packages.
NFTY-NAR 678 Suffolk
NFTY-NAR 678 Suffolk is a new program designed to bring the NFTY experience to Middle School Students these events are a partnership between Temple Beth Torah of Melville, Temple Beth El of Huntington, Temple Beth David of Commack, and Temple Isaiah of Stony Brook and run by professional staff and teen volunteer mentors.
NFTY-NAR 678 Events 2017-2018
(Open to all 6th, 7th & 8th Graders)
10/22 ~ 1-3 pm Hibachi @ Gasho Hauppauge
12/16 ~ TBA Chocolate Works
3/11 ~ TBA NYC Trip
4/28 ~ TBA Iron Chef
Signup for the Remind App
Text @nfty678 to the number 81010
Parent Participation Opportunities:
Chaperone a Youth Group event
Parent Shoppers help purchase supplies for Youth Group events
Join the Purim Carnival Committee
Help on the weekend or the day of the Purim Carnival
Join YAC our Youth Group Action Committee Interested
Save the date: Sunday, March 4, 2018
Purim 2018 Pre-Sale Forms
Purim 2018 Sponsorship Forms
Purim Volunteer Opportunities
Youth Group is a place to have fun, be comfortable and make new friends.
5th Grade Ambassador & Club TEMBTY Steering Committee Dinner OutMay 2014
|Club TEMBTY Hunger Program Making Sandwiches for Mercy Inn November 2013||
All Youth Group Game Truck Planned by Club TEMBTY Steering CommitteeJanuary 2014
5th Grade YG Science GuyDecember 2013
|Thanksgiving Packing November 2013||Thanksgivikkah Latkah Plates November 2013|