APRIL No Class or Boot Camp 4/3-4/7
Grade Requirements for this month:
- Be a Matzah Master! Eat Matzah for the entire week of Passover!
- Attend a Friday night Shabbat Service AT TBT (our 6th grade leads 4/14)
- There are some FUN Passover customs from all over the world. Why not try something new at your Seder? In Iran and Afghanistan, it is customary to hit your friends and family with scallions! Tunsian Jews take turn balancing the seder plate on their heads before it rests on the seder table, to symbolize the weight of slavery! Try one of these, or find something new in an internet search and tell us how it went at your table.
- Charoset recipes differ all over the world! Google a recipe *OTHER THAN* the Ashkenzi tradition of apples/cinnamon/nuts/wine. Suggested options: Moroccan charoset, Indian Charoset, Persian Charoset
- Did you do something Jewish over the April Break? Did you go to a museum, watch a movie, read a book or visit with family and make Shabbat together? Let us know how you "Jewished" your break!
Family Shabbat Led by Grades:
K-1-2 – TBD date in May
3rd - 11/18√
4th - 3/17
5th - 2/10√
6th - 4/16
A few other dates:
Guys and Dolls 3/24-25
Last days of School 5/16-17