The Social Action Committee is working hard at work at Temple Beth Torah. Check out some things that you can do to support your community:
1. Donate your time: We are looking for volunteers to "buddy up" with some of our members who are in need of a phone call or to pick up some needed items at the store.
2. Donate food- Drop off food/and or paper goods to the Rudman Food Pantry at the Mid Island JCC lobby. Items include Peanut butter, Jelly, Boxed Rice, Oatmeal and canned vegetables.
3. Donate Food and diapers to a local Shelter. They are in need of diapers and food such as peanut, jelly and cereal.
4. Donate money. The Temple is setting up a COVID-19 Emergency Fund to help the community. We will be making donations to members in financial need as well as supporting such causes as providing a meal to the first responders right here in our home town. You can contact the office to make a donation or send in a check.
The Rudman Family Food Pantry needs your help, now more than ever. There
are many people in our community experiencing food insecurity as well as
home-bound seniors. Items needed right now:
- Shelf Stable Milk
- Pasta Sauce (no glass jars please)
There are bins set up outside the Mid-Island Y JCC doors for easy drop off
Matt Pell, and his friends, Rohan Patel and Chase Keskinyan, have started a fundraiser to raise money for families who are in need of food and other supplies due to COVID-19. They are selling wristbands for $2 each. The wristbands can be ordered, or donations can be made, at Bands4Change.com. All profits are being sent to Long Island Cares and The American Red Cross. Thank you for your support.